Located in Jarvie Park, opposite Marrickville High School, Marrickville Youth Resource Centre (MYRC) is easily recognisable by its bright (some might say loud!) exterior painted by young people through the Centre’s Writer’s Bench street art program. Inside its walls MYRC offers a variety of services for young people aged 12 to 24 years including; Recreation Afternoons, School Holiday Programs, Computer Room, Music Studio, Dance studio, Case Work, Counselling services and short term courses/projects.
You will also find youth workers who will support you and refer you to an appropriate specialist service when necessary.
- Individual Support and Case Work with young people and their families
- Recreation Afternoons
- School Holiday Programs
- Dance Studio
- Writer’s Bench – Diversionary Street Art Program
- Computer Room (Homework Club coming soon!)
- Music Studio (More music programs coming soon!)
- Live Music Nights and Dance Parties
- Girls Club
- Young Parents Support
- Hospitality Courses
- Retail Courses
- We will refer you to an appropriate specialist when necessary too, just ask!
Our mission is to be the voice of youth in the greater Marrickville Local Government Area.
Driving our strategic direction, we need to mirror the priority areas in the Regional Youth Strategies (NSW Office of Communities) by providing programs that increase access and understanding through:
- Providing exposure to education and training opportunities leading to employment preparation.
- Accessing wellbeing and mental health services.
- Encouraging cultural identity and seeing value in diversity through activities and programs that celebrate those differences.
- Increasing community participation and engagement.
- Improving community partnerships and highlighting the value of young people’s peer networks and the role they play in responding to needs.
The Centre seeks to be a critical voice in youth affairs providing sustainable, pertinent and relevant services to young people that are reflective of local needs.
The Vision of MYRC is to be a sustainable, relevant organisation that, through vibrant and meaningful engagement strengthens our youth and our community in such a way that recognises their diversity and potential.
Strengthening Youth – Strengthening Community
You can download our most recent Annual Report and Strategic Plan below…